Surinderpal joined the firm in June 2018 at our Chipping Norton office and has now re-joined us in our Banbury office, having been admitted as a Solicitor in 2004.
He has specialised in non-contentious Wills, Probate, Powers of Attorney, Estates administration and Trusts.
Surinderpal is a member of The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP). As a member of STEP, Surinderpal is required to adhere to the STEP Code for Will Preparation in England & Wales in relation to the preparation of Wills. In addition he holds a Masters degree in Medical Law and Higher Rights of Audience for all Courts in England & Wales. He is also an accredited Mediator for civil law.
Areas of Practice
Surinderpal’s areas of practice within the Wills & Probate department include the following:-
- Simple and complex Will drafting
- Estate administration and distribution, including inheritance tax calculations
- Intestacy administration
- Trust creation, administration and distribution
- Advice on all aspects of Probate related UK taxation and reliefs
- Advocacy on the part of elders and their families
- Lasting Power of Attorney advice, completion and registrations
- Court of Protection Deputy applications
Surinderpal is especially proud of the elderly client skills he has developed, including communication, diplomacy and empathy. As a result, home visits are a regular part of his day and an aspect of work that he enjoys.
When not at the office he enjoys general aircraft aviation, Ayurveda and horses. He is married to Genevieve.