Practice Manager Vacancy
(added on 11 March 2020)
We are looking for an ambitious self-motivated Practice Manager. You will be joining the firm as an integral part of the management team and will play a leading role in the future development of the firm. You will have the benefit of a first rate, highly experienced and self-reliant accounts assistant.
You will be fully involved in the general running of the practice and will possess a “can do” attitude. You will also be highly organised with the ability to multi-task effectively.
Your key areas of responsibility will be:
• Management of the entire accounts function, including monthly reporting to the Directors and supervising the accounts assistant. Liaison with auditors annually.
• Payroll management and associated reporting and HR record keeping.
• Ensuring the firm’s compliance with the Solicitors Accounts Rules
• General management of the practice including Practicing Certificates, Indemnity and other insurance policies held by the Firm.
• Administration of the Firm’s contracts with the Legal Aid Agency
• Oversight of the Firm’s IT policy and systems in consultation with our IT supplier.
• Maintaining the firm’s data on various organisations’ databases including SRA, Law Society and Mortgage Lender Panels.
• Attendance at and minuting of Board Meetings
• Monitoring and implementing the Firm’s purchasing policy
• Responsibility for organising day to day maintenance of the premises and liaison with contractors
Ideally we are looking for somebody with practice management experience within the legal profession but if you have a good accounting background then applications from other backgrounds will be considered.
Salary will be based on experience and ability.
Please apply by email with your CV to JGWPrivate@johnsongaunt.co.uk